So my summer so far has been work and less play. I do love my job they give me oppurtunities to grow and they also teach me alot. I have also taken alot of initiative which was never given the chance to at my previous jobs. I worried as well how long will this job last. I have quit and been lay offed because they closed there doors and also fired because I was in experience and to young to do my Job and that was from a christian based store. Lovely hey, so know I'm nervous but also excited about this job. Thanks to my good friend Kimmies mom who got me this job and I have excelled. It's kinda funny because I said when I was younger I would never work at an office because I never wanted to be tied down all day. I think Gods kinda laughing about that. I also know that he's been challenging me this year. This year went from Organizing and keeping the youth program alive in our church while they hire a youth pastor. That was an eye opener, I guess I didn't realize how much it took to run a youth program so it would stay alive. Probaly did half the work that Pastor Lee does and yes I call him Pastor Lee why you might ask because I think that it is a respect thing, I do occasionally slip up and call him Lee but for me to call him Pastor Helps me not to take him for granted. He is doing such an amazing Job I can't believe it, I pray everyday for him to not burn himself out.
Then I took some time off of youth it wasn't long probably a month. Why some might ask why I did that. Because I forgot about God, How did I do that you might ask. I took so much on that I forgot to breath. I didn't have a night to myself between worship band, youth and being a sunday school teacher to the same kids I see at youth. Also had a job on top of that. I got reconnected abit but I still struggle everyday. This summer I'm working full time and that took away from me being at camp kadesh. I miss it there, being with those kids and counselling in a cabin I love every minute of it. I started reading Jesus Lover of a womens soul, It really neat hering the stories and details behind someof the stories in the bible about women.
I'm glad I have the summer off, us youth leaders have to prepare for this meeting we have coming up in August. We are talking about our missions statement also talking about caricullum, designing a volunteer application and deciding on a name for our youth group. I really don't know what to name our youth group, never created a missions statement before and I don't now what to teach the kids in youth. I can't stop thinking about it, You can't just have any old name it needs to be challenging and thought provoking and don't forget cool.
Also I see a big challenge coming up in our family a big one that is going to be hard this fall. My Grandma who is not doing so well, She is slowly going down hill. she just is giving up, It sad really it is. Me and my two cousins brianne and Janelle we are close in age and we used to be inseperable. She didn't remeber who we are. At first it was sad and it kinda hurt a bit. It hurts to much to see that its slowly breaking my heart. I know that she is not going to make it till christmas. She got sick recently and they have to use a lift to get her in and out of bed, when before she could do it with the assistants of a nurse. she can't even remeber what she reads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Amy, I am really sorry to hear about your Grandma. I know how hard it is to slowly lose someone you love. Just remember that she is going to be going to a place so much better then we could ever imagin and someday you will see her again and she will know who you are! Keep faith and remember that God loves you and knows what he is doing....even though we dont!
thanks for the prayers. i really appreciate that.
Post a Comment