Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm so weak but he is strong

So really tired I should go to bed but i just have to blog. So I'm. Its been really crazy this past little while, looking back at my Bible school dayz and how pumped I was to be learning so much. I was a sponge. My school Rocky mountain college they really challenfed us to put our faith into action. I got involved in so many ministry options. I was involved in Choir and that in it self was awesome, you could argue that your just performing how is that glorifying God. Being all about striving for excellent but isn't that what we should be offering our excellence in the gifts that God has blessed us with.
So many amazing things came out of that for me. I became confident in myself and I grew out of the box that I set for myself. I don't remeber were we where on our 2 week tour but there was this lady there with her family she hosted me some other girls. She had cancer and she didn't know how long she had and just the message in some of the songs that we sang they touched her heart. It was so humbling to know that we blessed people through the songs that we sang. Any way our dorm also went to down town Calgary some sundays just to hand out sandwiches to the homeless. It opened my eyes so much, there were so many of them I could not believe it. Icouldn't understand why there were so many of them. Then to think saskatoon doesn't have this many homeless, either I just ignored in all the years that I lived in Saskatoon or I don't know but i got a wake up call when i moved back. I also went on a missions trip to El salvador we built 5 houses in 5 days intense and we were there for 10 days. I was just so awesome to be part of that. The one family that we were building the house for they were a family of 6 and half there house was a chicken coop and the other half they lived in and it was falling apart and becoming very unsafe to live in. So we built them this house and just the feeling of being part of something so small that is apart of a bigger picture thats awesome. I remeber coming away from that expereince so changed and on fire for God. I couldn't get enough of him and know I can't even open the bible. I want to so badly I want to get to know him all over again I want to fall in love with him. I want him to be my centre, so badly that my heart aches. Please pray for me that I can have some one on one time that I can schedule him in to my crazy life so that he can help me manage it. I'm so week, but he is strong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.